Friday, February 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!

Warning! This post has nothing to do with Palau!

It's my Mom's birthday today! She's a mother of 12, a grandmother of 12 (and counting!), and a mother-in-law of 5 (soon to be six!).

And she still looks good!



My family and I are incredibly lucky to have her around, and I'm sad that I'm missing out on celebrating her birthday with her. She's put so much effort into keeping in touch with me and making me feel at home is a very far away place. She shipped me a small Christmas tree and decorations that's perfect for my apartment and sent incredibly thoughtful gifts, she's taken a lot of time to talk over skype these past few months, and she's learned--and taught me--a lot about Palau.

Mom, I hope that you woke up this morning to breakfast in bed, got to take a break from unpacking the new house, and will be eating shrimp scampi tonight. I miss you!


No comments:

Post a Comment